Our Annual Spring Workshop at The Landscape Atelier , Clarksville, TX
April 3-7 2017 Workshop Fee: $695
The Strong Start- Techniques and Strategies for Successful Paintings - Plein Air & Studio
In this workshop we will tackle the important skills needed to make a strong start in your landscape paintings. Starting with skill building exercises and moving on to painting outdoors, this class will give you the skills and concepts to make strong starts which lead to successful painting results. The skills and concepts we will work on in this workshop can be applied to painting outdoors as well as studio work. Daily instructor demos, lectures and guided exercises will give you the confidence and skills to paint outdoors and work successfully in the studio as well.
We will cover:
- understanding the main four value zones in the landscape
- how to see the big shapes in Nature- the “big look”
- selection of subject- how to narrow your focus
- using simple three and four value studies to see and organize big shapes
- learning to edit - simplification and massing
- how to use thumbnails to quickly investigate compositional possibilites.
- how a simplified underpainting can provide a strong framework for your painting.
- how to choose a color harmony for your painting
- how premixing can simplify your painting process and ensure clean color
Clarksville is an easy two hour drive from the Metroplex (Dallas-Ft. Worth), about five hours from Austin, 25 minutes from Paris, 60 minutes from Texarkana.
Lodging is available in nearby Paris and Mt. Vernon. Clarksville has a B&B (the Courthouse Inn) an RV park and also a few guest cottages and cabins.
~All cancellations must be in writing. There are no exceptions.
~A non-refundable deposit is required at registration. Deposits will only be refunded in the event a class is canceled .
~Payment in full is due sixty days before your class begins. Cancellations received 60 days in advance will receive a full refund (less the deposit); Cancellations received less than 60 days in advance forfeit the entire workshop fee. No refund will apply.
~In the event a workshop does not reach minimum enrollment and is canceled, all payments and deposits will be refunded in full.
~ These policies apply for all workshops organized by Deborah Paris. For workshops sponsored or organized by third parties, please refer to their cancellation policies.